You may have to move large cities like Kuala Lumpur for work, to reunite with family or on business and the first question that will come up on your mind is finding a right place to live in a big city like Kuala Lumpur. When buying is not an option, the next best option is to rent an apartment/condo or even a Villa depending on your affordability.
There is always an increasing demand for rental properties in this bustling city and that may limit your choices. However, there are a few websites that can help you in this which can help you to choose from one of the widest collections of Homes For Rent in Kuala Lumpur. There are some essential aspects that you must look while considering the properties and they are listed below.
- Before selecting a property check whether you have the infrastructure available to get the basic utilities like Electricity, gas, water, and Internet etc. Especially in Asian countries like Malaysia, You need to check whether you get uninterrupted supply of electricity and water and if there is a problem, you should also have access to backup power.
- Heating/ ventilation and air-conditioning are important in a city like KL where temperatures soar above 30 degree Celsius for most of the year. You need to check whether the existing system needs to be fixed or serviced. Once you sign the documents then it may be difficult to get it done through your landlord and you may have to bear the expenses.
- Security of your family and personal belongings are paramount. Before you choose a place check whether the security system available at the apartment or condo is available 24/7.
- Access to Entertainment and Health facilities like clubhouse or swimming pools and play areas for children is a bonus.
- Apart from the external facilities, you need to check whether the house has any structural problems like plumbing leaks, roof cracks etc. You need to also check whether the house adheres to local safety norms like fire alarms, emergency exits etc.
- Last but not the least, You need to check the rental agreement for clauses that will affect the essentials like maintenance payments, subletting, utility payments, future increases in rent, pet regulations, and any other restrictions etc.
It goes without saying that all these will depend upon one factor and that you’re your affordability. Choose a house that provides the best facilities for your budget. Do not forget to talk to the existing tenants and ascertain the living conditions of a particular house. You would need to check every aspect of the house to see the complete picture and see whether you like the house, the neighborhood, and its advantages such as commute to work and school etc. You should also try to rent a place with a reputed agent as shabby ones or dime a dozen, especially in a developing country like KL.